Monday, May 18, 2009

Online Trainer

At the Palouse Sprint Triathlon last September, I won a free month of personal training with an online trainer out of Spokane. Well, I started using the trainer a couple of weeks ago, and it has really shaken up my work out routine.

I have been swimming, biking and running. To compensate for the plantar facitis, I have been on the eliptical trainer, and doing some aqua jogging. Though my foot has been feeling a lot better, and last Saturday I went on my first regular run. It was just 15 minutes out, and then running back at a faster pace than on the way back. It went well, and my heel seems to be doing ok. I only feel a little pain when the area is massaged.

Starting to swim has been good, it is a really great workout, though the first time it made my arms feel like rubber.

-------------

It is a week later and I just realized that I never came back and finished this post, so I will just end it by saying that my trainer had me record all my food last week, so talk about being paranoid every time I ate something! But, I did lose weight, so I know that recording my food is important.

Only one more week left with the trainer, then I will be on my own. But it has been really good to see what type of things I should be doing.

No comments: